It’s been over a year since my last post. I sound like I’m in one of those confessional style meetings, but I’m not. I can’t believe that it has been that long, nor can I believe how much my world has changed in that short amount of time.
How things are different:
- Oliver Griffin Bazyk was born on May 30, 2016. He’s kind of a big deal.
- My priorities have completely shifted and I feel no regrets.
- I became a real estate agent this year.
- Real estate isn’t quite what I had imagined.
- I quit writing as much as I used to.
- I started reading more books.
- I’ve given myself permission to not be perfect and I try to cut myself some slack every once in awhile.
- While I still have good days and bad days, I’ve committed to living in the moment- this mindset shift has been very important for me.
- I miss consistent, through the night sleep.
How things are the same:
- Nathan is still my favorite person in the world.
- I still love to write.
- I still use Advocare (Hello, Spark.)
- I still run and exercise, but definitely not as much.
- I still love DIY projects and reading Southern Living and Better Homes. Add the Magnolia Journal to that list, please.
I could go on and on. I’m a different person now that Oliver is in our life, but I think I like this version of me better. I’m kinder. I give myself a break and I’m more willing to give those around me a break. I’ve become more flexible and less rigid. With all of these changes in my life, I felt like my blog needed some changes as well.
The layout is a little different, but the content will be pretty similar. Most of my posts will revolve around reading and writing, but there will also be lifestyle and teaching and learning posts. I promise not to only talk about Oliver, but I also promise he will make appearances. I’m so happy to be back writing every morning, and I’m working on developing my curiosity to chase some new fiction ideas. I know a year is a long time to be out of the game, but I’m so ready to get back into it and share with you all!