Another day, another blog post. Madi and I have been writing up a storm the past five days, and you will never guess what happened yesterday! She posted twice, once from the challenge, and once just for me! I was pretty flattered! So, if you’re following me through this journey of life, you should consider following her, too!
Today’s post is all about obsessions. Now, this may come as a surprise to some of you, and for others you’ll just nod your head and smile. My obsessions are wide and varied, but I’m going to share six of them with you.
1. I am obsessed with cleanliness. I think I could probably be diagnosed with OCD. Every night before I go to sleep, really before sleep will ever come to visit me, I have to clean the kitchen. When I clean the kitchen, I have a mental list that I have to follow in order. My office and master bedroom are also part of that list. Surprisingly, I’m not even a little bit weird about the master bathroom. I kind of wish I were.
2. Coffee. I love coffee. I don’t know if coffe should fall under obsession or addiction. I love going to new coffee shops and trying new things. I always go to bed at night-after the kitchen is clean, of course- thinking about the coffee I will get to drink the next morning.
3. Books, books, and more books. This is another obsession that might be better classified as an addiction. I love books. I like being around them and reading them and thinking about them and sharing them with others. I also love pairing books with people. I have this very serious belief that those who don’t like books or hate reading simply haven’t read the right book yet. One book can change ALL of that. You all know what book that was for me!
4. Smells. I have a really sensitive sniffer, so I’m obsessed with things that smell good. My mom dallied in selling Scentsy, so naturally I have a few burners hanging around the house. At Hobby Lobby there are some great scents, but I especially love the pumpkin one. It pretty much scents up my house year around.
5. When I was in college in my first creative writing course, we did an activity where we had to describe a day at the beach in as much detail as possible. We wrote for a little while, then we tallied up how many times we used the five different senses: taste, touch, sight, smell, and sound. My list was definitely dominated by smell and touch. The professor, one of those life-changing individuals for me, then broke it down. The touch people are the ones you see walking around Wal-Mart with their arm sticking out touching everything they pass. That is me. I like to know how things feel, and I’m weird about clothes and how close people get to me. I think that there is a connection between the way things feel and how things make me feel.
6. I think Harry Potter should probably make this list. If you search for most frequently blogged about topics, you would probably get a top three list that included books, writing, and Harry potter. I can’t even begin to say how much that series and those characters changed the shape of my world.
This is a small list of my obsessions. There are more, I promise. What are you obsessed with? Feel free to join in the December blog challenge and let us know what your obsessions are too!